Monday, September 10, 2007

From my Colorado Visit


I thought I'd take a couple of minutes to share a couple of pictures from my Colorado visit. I had a couple of days in Colorado before I headed home. I spent the first day with Rob at the Air Force Academy. It was both interesting and fun. The highpoint was seeing the cadets sky dive, or maybe it was the medium pizza at Godfather's Pizza? You can check out more Colorado pictures at flickr.


During my visit, I ate very well. We ate out at the Golden Corral a couple of times and went to Noodles one night, which was really good. The trip wouldn't be complete if me and Dad didn't do a little book shopping. We found a few treasures. He and I took the Cog Railroad up Pikes Peak. The scenery was as spectacular as you would expect it to be. I even had some fun with electricity.


The weather at the Peak was cold and cloudy. As we went to the high point of the peak, I heard a buzzing in my hat. At first I wasn't sure what it was. I took off my hat to see if it was a bug or something (it wasn't), and the buzzing started again as soon as my hat was back on. Once I figured out what it was, I yelled to dad and headed back inside the building. The buzzing was static electricity going from the top of my head to the metal button on the top of my baseball cap. Just as we were heading into the building, we heard a thunderclap on the other side of the peak. I guess lightning just likes me. I was glad to be back indoors.

All in all, the trip was fantastic and it was great to see my parents and Rob, Mary and Rachael.

No comments: