Monday, September 24, 2007

Kirchgoens Germany

My first duty station with the army was Kirchgoens Germany. Over the past 20 years I have lost contact with everyone I was stationed with. This past week I was able to contact someone from my unit, Tim via classmates.com. We have communicated through e-mail these past few days and I am hoping to talk to him on the phone soon. I can't wait to reminisce about our experience in Europe. Although we were stationed in Germany at a tense period in our history (while the Berlin Wall was still up, a.k.a. the Cold War), I anticipate that we will focus most of our time on great times with great friends.

1 comment:

joelvinson,sgtus army said...

reI WAS STATIONED AT THE ROCK, FROM 1977 TO 1979, I WAS WITH THE 2/33 ARMORED BN. CSC, BACK NEXT TO THE THEATER. WORKED THE BORDER AS GSR OPERATOR 17K30. WENT BACK TO THE ROCK, IN 1993, JUST TO SEE IF IT WAS STILL STANDING.TOOK A LOT OF PICTURES. ALSO WENT AND SAW THE OLD BORDER. OP ALPHA,CAMP LEE(GONE).